1. Create new account at: https://mailgun.com/signup
You can also use an existing Mailgun account, although we recommend to set up an account dedicated to Exponea. The reason is that once fully configured, Mailgun will send webhooks (with status updates) to Exponea for every email sent via the used account – which may have implications for both privacy and performance.
2. Verify your account
3. Add New Domain and follow Mailgun steps in order to verify your domain and DNS. This step is very important in order to execute full functioning of integration. Since this step is rather technical and you will need permissions for your domain registration, consult this with your technical staff if you are not sure what to do.
Please be aware that it may take some time (usually up to an hour, but could potentially be much longer) for Mailgun to fully verify the DNS records.
4. In Mailgun copy domain name and API key from Domains → Select Domain → Copy API key.
5. In Exponea go to Project settings → Emails → Use your own mailgun account → Enter copied Domain name and API key
6. In Exponea copy given tracking hook URL
To mailgun: Webhooks → edit URL. Put the same URL in all of given fields.
7. You can now use Exponea campaigns to send signed emails from your own domains using Mailgun. If you want to know more about how to create scenario for automatic email sending, follow this link: https://guides.exponea.com/user-guide/campaigns/scenarios/
8. For more info on webhook notification documentation and naming, follow this link: https://documentation.mailgun.com/api-webhooks.html#webhooks