Exponea Tag Manager allows to run custom JS codes on specific web pages without the need of accessing source code of the webpages individually. It also allows to use Exponea personalization. One of the uses of Tag manager can be specifying the custom tracking.
Tag manager supports both HTML and CSS.
Using and creating tags
Exponea tag manager can be found in Data & Assets -> Tag manager. You will be presented with current created tags, their status and priority.
When creating a tag, there are three steps: presets, definition, settings.
In this part, you either choose to use one of the JS templates already defined, or you can choose create your own code.
- Change color – Change a color of a button or other element in an AB test.
- Button click – Track clicks on buttons or other HTML elements as custom events.
- Customer update – Update or create new customer attribute.
- Facebook Pixel – Track page views into FB pixel. More info at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1021909254506499
- Google AdWords – Retarget audience in Google AdWords directly on certain pages. More info at https://developers.google.com/adwords-remarketing-tag/
- Google Analytics – Track Google Analytics ids for each customer as customer attribute.
- Identification – Identify customers on the web page with validated email into customer ID.
- Page element autotrack – Automatically track all defined clickable elements on a web page
- Product visit tracking – Create view item event and track product visits on the web page.
- Recommendations – Implement Exponea recommendations to your web page.
In this part, you define the Java Script code itself, and any custom variables that are used in the code also in visual editor. You can also do changes to the code itself when checking the “edit source code” checkbox. Please note that it is possible to use personalization, and also pop up the personalization wizard in the bottom right corner.
In the settings part, it is defined how are the tags loaded.
- Fire on defines URL or regexps where the tag will be used. You can also select exceptions. Moreover, it is possible to load overlay, which will cause the web page selected not to be displayed until the tag is load properly.
- Priority defines the order in which the tags will be loaded. Higher priority means earlier deployment. When a tag does not include any personalization or customer filter, it is sped up. When loading tags, first are loaded sped up tags by order of priority, then the rest of the tags by order of priority.
- Audience works as any other customer filter in Exponea, allowing you to specify which customers pass the check and which don’t