Exponea offers A/B testing in both scenarios and web layers. A customer is assigned a variant instantly when reaching an AB split node in scenario or when a customer matches the conditions for web layer display. Here are a few notes about A/B tests
- When going through the same A/B split in scenario, a customer is assigned same variant as before.
- In web layers, each customer is assigned the variant in event “ab test” and will have the same variant in subsequent visits.
- It is possible for a customer to have more variants in a web layer, if the two different cookies merged (same customer on multiple browsers/devices).
- for correct A/B test evaluation, all groups should be identical in conditions except for the variant.
- Web layers offer automatic A/B testing, which allows a prefererence of the best performing variant, based on the chosen goal.
You can calculate the performance and statistical significance of your AB test with our AB Test Significance Calculator.